The SASSA R350 grant website reportedly crashed on Thursday 2nd July amid SASSA revealing that it had switched to an updated database. The switch is said to help determine who qualifies for the COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant. After screening, SASSA found that a large portion of the rejected applicants did meet the criteria but got declined. Updating the database would give qualifying applicants another chance.
It is, however, disheartening that a large number of beneficiaries are yet to receive the first payment. South Africa’s COVID-19 numbers are still rising and have put a financial strain on many households and registered companies; with the poorest being the most affected.
This is how you check the status of your application:
- Check the status of your R350 payment on the WhatsApp number: 082 0468 553
- If you applied using the platform. All you have to do is add the number to your contacts, and text the word “Status”,
- Alternatively, use the USSD or SMS line: *134*7737#,
- Email: email@example.com,
- Dial the SASSA Call centre IVR at 0800 60 10 11,
- Or visit the SASSA website, as soon as it is back working again