The Department of Social Development, established in 1937, is a government department in South Africa which is responsible for the management of social security, social assistance and social insurance due to loss of income – either by unemployment, age, death or disability.
The bursary programme is intending for those who wish to pursue a career in Social Work, a scarce skill in the country.
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary: tuition, registration, prescribed textbooks, accommodation at the university.
Once students have completed their studies, they will be required to undertake the contractual obligation of the bursary.
- Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen,
- Satisfy the University minimum entry requirements,
- Studying or intend on studying within the field of social work.
- Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme
- Department of Transport Bursary
- ISASA Teacher Intern Bursaries
- National Arts Council Opens Bursary Applications For FundingNational Arts Council Opens Bursary Applications For Funding
- Sasol Bursary Application
- Air Traffic And Navigation Services (ATNS) Bursary Programme
- Old Mutual Accounting Bursaries
- National Film & Video Foundation (NFVF) Bursary Programme
- Shoprite Logistics / Supply Chain Bursary Programme
- Land Bank 2019 Bursary Opportunity
- National Department Of Social Development Bursary South Africa
- Lonmin Bursaries
- Nedbank Bursary Programme