ISASA Teacher Intern Bursaries 2020
The South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP) is an ISASA initiative that aims to address a root cause of South Africa’s skills shortage: the critical lack of qualified mathematics and science teachers.
SAMSTIP, Investec and the Department of Basic Education are offering prospective Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) teachers specialising in the fields of Mathematics and the Sciences an opportunity to win bursaries to study for a four year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree or a one year Post-graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) at UNISA.
Benefits of the programme:
- Learn from and be mentored by experienced school teachers
- Access to excellent teaching, learning resources and technology
- Training in Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) schools
- Targeted academic enrichment support, and other value-added services
- The bursary will cover UNISA fees, textbooks and a transport and accommodation allowance, as well as a small stipend.
Who can apply?
- School-leavers with matric exemption (Bachelor pass) and 60% or more in Mathematics, Sciences (Life Science or Physical Sciences) and English;
- Tertiary students with Mathematics and Sciences (Life Science or Physical Sciences) credits;
- Graduates with Mathematics and/or Science majors.
- Closing date for applications is 15 May 2019.
- Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme
- Department of Transport Bursary
- ISASA Teacher Intern Bursaries
- National Arts Council Opens Bursary Applications For FundingNational Arts Council Opens Bursary Applications For Funding
- Sasol Bursary Application
- Air Traffic And Navigation Services (ATNS) Bursary Programme
- Old Mutual Accounting Bursaries
- National Film & Video Foundation (NFVF) Bursary Programme
- Shoprite Logistics / Supply Chain Bursary Programme
- Land Bank 2019 Bursary Opportunity
- National Department Of Social Development Bursary South Africa
- Lonmin Bursaries
- Nedbank Bursary Programme