In south africa college degree means a lot and most well paying jobs require you to have a university degree or a higher certificate meanwhile the majority of south africa’s dont have university degree most due to the fact the couldnt continue their school after secondary school as a result of financial difficulty but am here to present a way to study at a top university such as unisa and get a degree for free.
Is free education real in south africa?
Of course no , all universities in south africa require you to pay for tuition and accommodation. Public universities in south africa such as Unisa (University of South africa) usually have low tuition fees compared to private universities such as monash university. Today you will learn real way of studying for a degree for free in south africa
What is this free degree in south africa all about ?
You will learn how to study in south africa for free through two amazing avenues , NSFAS and FUNZA LUSHAKA. These are government avenues , nsfas caters for student across wide variety of courses while funza lushaka only caters for students who want to study in the field of education
WHAT IS NSFAS ?
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is the government student bursary and loan scheme that receives its funding budget from, and reports to the Department of Higher Education and Training. … NSFAS also raises funds in order to increase the funding pool for student bursaries and loans.
In simple terms nsfas provides you with the necessary financial help to cater for your tuition , accommodation and feeding while you are studying
WHO CAN APPLY FOR NSFAS
You will need:
• South African ID document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate if you do not have a green bar-coded ID or Smart ID card)
• ID of parents and/or guardian (Or death certificate where applicable)
• Pay advice/ letter of employment/pension advice stating income. Should not be older than 3 months (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income).
WHAT IS FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. Bursaries are available to enable eligible students to complete a teaching qualification in an area of national priority. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Recipients of the bursary must apply on-line for the bursary in every year. The recipient must also complete the placement information as required in every year. The provincial education department (PED) will place a graduate bursar in a suitable teaching post. If a particular PED does not have a suitable teaching post for the graduate bursar, the applicant may be placed in a PED that does have a suitable post. Please note that bursars cannot choose the school in which they would like to be placed and placement cannot be deferred for any reason.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY
To access, register and apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary the following 9 easy steps should be followed:
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured